10 things.

Friday, June 12, 2015

10 things I'm thankful for this week:
  1. buying a new, cheery, yellow sketchbook to replace my typical composition notebooks for art journaling! I felt limited by the lines on the page, and especially the thinness of the paper, so having a real sketchbook with so much white space encourages me to doodle and paint, which I love.
  2. reading this article written by my bestie after having a conversation about the topic with her. Whitney and I make an effort every week to share our goals with one another, and I for one have experienced such an improvement to my daily life since we started. The rules are that the goals have to be written down, so for me, this weekly practice also forces me to crack open that art journal I just mentioned and reflect on the week ahead. I know I'm biased, but Whitney really does have such a way with words, so if goal setting is something you're interested in and passionate about like we are, I highly recommend checking out the article.
  3. spotting beautiful dahlias on my way back from the gym
  4. Lonnie bringing home wings and beer after I had a bit of a rough day
  5. the fact that that beer was Green Man's ESB (this is the tastiest beer I've ever had, it's definitely my fave)
  6. finally buying headbands and new socks for the gym (you know when you put off buying socks and for a while and how it's a headache every time you get ready trying to find a matching pair? yeah. that.)
  7. currently marathoning Futurama on Netflix (I used to not be a huge fan, but after giving it a chance, the artwork and compositions are actually really phenomenal and it always gets a laugh out of Lonnie, which I love hearing)
  8. treating myself to an at-home spa day complete with a mani/pedi and facial
  9. Chick-Fil-A nuggets with Polynesian sauce
  10. switching my editing process on Instagram by not using the filters and only relying on the tools and adjustments (I still use filters from time to time, but I'm currently loving the crisp, clean look that the images give without any)
Next week, I will be going on vacation with my family, so I'm taking a little break from the blog, but I will return back the following week with (more than likely) a bonus post on Wednesday. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment