lonnie's house and guinea pigs.

Thursday, March 14, 2013



My boyfriend Lonnie got guinea pigs. Well, Lonnie got a guinea pig and named her Zoë(first picture). Then, he got another guinea pig and named her Zena(second picture), because he did some guinea pig research and learned that guinea pigs work best with friends. When Lonnie finds a new interest or hobby, he does all sorts of research on it and meets people(online via forums or in real life) who are also interested in it. He does something all the way or not at all. There is no in between.

Anyway, when he originally got Zoë, he built her a cage(last picture). Then, since getting another guinea pig, he built a bigger, temporary cage to house the both of them(third picture). I was pretty impressed by the first cage. I like that Lonnie does things all the way or not at all and I like that he is handy and creative. He can make so many wonderful things, and as a maker of sorts myself, I'm glad to share that love with someone.

Also, Lonnie learned that new guinea pigs can be handled better by wrapping them up in a towel and then feeding them(first picture. the towel also stops them from pooping on you.).

Lonnie is also currently obsessed with guns and shooting(fourth picture, taken while messing around for my photography assignment. gun is not loaded, obviously.). I find it somewhat interesting(at least as opposed to his other obsession: cars), and he is going to take me to the shooting range so I can learn more and learn how to shoot. We also have a camping trip planned for when it gets warmer out and alongside that, we had a long conversation the other night about our shared desire to get healthy and active. We will both start eating like guinea pigs(fresh fruit and veggies!), and Lonnie will try to convince me to start running with him. We'll see.

No comments :

Post a Comment