new year.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013


2013 is crazy to me because I never really thought about it until it was here. This time last year, I had no idea what 2013 would have in store for me. I kinda knew what school I'd be at, but I really had no idea who I'd be rooming with in college or who my friends would be or whether or not I'd be with my boyfriend.

2013 was, and still is, a complete blank page. And for a while, it scared the shit out of me. I'm still not sure what the year will hold, but I guess you can never really be sure. I spent way too much of 2012 looking back and looking forward and never really looking at what was in front of me. I know I've said it before, but 2012 was a year full of change, and looking back, it's easy to feel like I lost more than I gained. But when I really stop to think about it, I've gained a lot and I'm so much better off as a person coming out of 2012 than I was going into it.

I'm now welcoming the blank page that is 2013 with open arms. The idea of having a year that I can do whatever I want with is now so much more exciting to me than it is scary.

I plan to:
  • keep up with this blog like I have been
  • take more pictures and make sure to print them out (!!!)
  • treat my body right by eating less crap and coming up with a solid workout routine (of course)
  • keep up good relationships with my family and always appreciate home
  • love with all my heart or not at all, none of that half-assed shit
  • explore Asheville and exit my comfort zone
  • make friends by doing "me" and doing the things I love and allowing things to just fall into place rather than forcing anything
  • keep track of good things and eliminate negativity
  • make "5 Goals for the Week, 3 Goals for the Day" lists every Monday and "10 Things I'm Thankful For" lists every Friday
  • clean out my old bedroom by eliminating clutter and redecorating according to my life now
I also hope that this year, I can keep in mind that opportunities to change, reevaluate my life, and make resolutions are available throughout the year and not just on one single day.

2 comments :

  1. Lizzie, I too have made some real resolutions for not just this year but the rest of my life. I have found that spend way too much energy on others and not on myself. I intend to change that and really do things for myself that I know make me happy. I like what are stating and I am very proud of you and every time I read your blog and see your photos it just makes me love you even more which I thought was impossible.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's great! I'm glad you are also choosing happiness, like I have decided to do myself. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete