staying warm.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013


This semester is a lot busier than the last. Last semester, I had a very light class load and I found myself bored during the day between classes. This semester, I get why college students run around like crazy people. I like it, though. I am much a happier person when I'm crazy busy than when I'm completely bored.

And although my schedule is crazy this semester, it works for me. I'm up at a decent hour every day. I work out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the two hour gap between my first class and my second. My days go by quickly and I have enough time in the afternoon and evenings to do extra work, take a yoga class, or relax and get dinner with my boyfriend.

I think the main good thing about this semester being crazy, especially this time of year, is that I am moving. And the important thing is that I am moving forward. Staying active is one of the best pieces of advice I've been given when it comes to dealing with winter in the mountains.

Other ways that I have been coping with the below freezing temperatures include crocheting scarves(my roommate knits!), painting my toenails a sparkly silver, and bringing some green life in with one of the ferns that the Environmental Club was giving out in the Student Union.

No comments :

Post a Comment