sweet like honey.

Friday, February 15, 2013


Prior to Valentine's Day, I painted my nails sparkly pink and gold.
I also did some much needed toiletry shopping and and bought jars to organize my office supplies. I couldn't find a desk organizer I liked, but these jars were perfect. I can always use them for something else if I happen to stumble upon an organizer I like, but for now, this is working really well.


I worked on this Valentine for Lonnie the day of Valentine's Day. I had a dream the night before that I was back in Mrs. Sowle's classroom painting with oil and mineral spirits. I woke up aching for it. Now this is by no means considered serious art, but it felt good to break out some watercolors and brushes and put paint to paper.


One of my hallmates, Corey, taped candy to everyone's door. Corey's awesome like that. I got a laffy taffy but traded it with Brandon for this pink lemonade lollipop. I love pink lemonade anything.


I wore a loose fitting pink shirt, burgundy jeggings, a cream colored cardigan, my gold sparkly flats, dogwood shaped earrings Lonnie gave me, and a ring shaped like a heart with floral detail. Curled hair and pink lip butter, of course.
As a complete side note, dorm room pictures are killing me. The light is always bad and the grey and blue (and messy) floors and tabletops do not make pretty backgrounds at all. I apologize.


Despite me telling him not to get me anything because we don't celebrate Valentine's Day, Lonnie showed up to pick me up with potted Chrysanthemums. I am so not a roses in a vase kinda girl(unless they're orange roses), so I accepted these. Now I just have to try my best to keep them alive.


He also ignored my meal request. I wanted to go to Taco Bell, but he took me to my favorite restaurant that we've been to so far in Asheville: The Moose Cafe at the Farmer's Market. It's nothing fancy, but they serve their drinks in mason jars and give you biscuits with honey and (as I found out yesterday) have some damn good fried chicken. It's just a really happy place.
Another side note: my restaurant taking pictures are always the same, I know. I get so shy taking pictures in public so I just snap one quick picture and try to hide my camera by keeping it super low. It's something I need to work on.


Overall, my Valentine's Day was filled with love. The need for me to call my loved ones was pretty much erased because I am heading home today! In less than an hour, actually. I'm still not packed. Of course.

No comments :

Post a Comment