sophomore year goals.

Friday, August 16, 2013


As the start of the new school year is swiftly approaching and the task of packing is becoming increasingly more daunting with every box filled, I am striving to keep calm and soak up the feeling of "home."
I took these few pictures before the chaos, and I'm glad I did. They represent a feeling of home which is peaceful, neat, and comforting, and I could use all of those kinds of feelings I can conjure up right now.

Along with the craziness of packing, I am also looking forward to a fresh start that comes along with a new year. I cannot begin to describe the feeling of gratitude I have to be doing this for the second go-round instead of the first time again. I already feel less intimidated and more confidently prepared for what's ahead. All that being said, I hope to do things better than I did last year in an attempt to constantly improve myself, so I'm making a list of goals for my second year of college:
  • Continue to try to eat as cleanly as possible; real food. Stuff that goes bad. Stuff without labels.
  • Not freak out so much. More importantly, not freak out and take it out on the people I'm surrounded by.
  • Take advantage of free on-campus yoga by going regularly to reduce stress and gain back some flexibility.
  • Make Mondays the best day of the week. I know this sounds crazy, but my class schedule on Mondays goes like this: Spanish from 1:45 to 2:35 pm. Annnnd....that's it. Therefore, I am dedicating Mondays to gym time, coffee time, planning time, goal-setting time, catching up time, yoga time. I like the sound of starting my week on that kind of note.
  • Really step up my design game. I feel like I know who I am as an artist, but I'm not quite sure who I am as a designer. There is sooo much I want to learn this year obtaining to my major which is New Media, and I feel like I can't get my hands on all of it quick enough.
  • Incorporate more art and creative living inspiration into this space. :)

1 comment :

  1. I am going to miss you. Sorry if I hurt your feelings the other day. It was hectic this summer and not what I was hoping for. Let's make a promise to have real quality time together in the future when you are home. I am proud of you and I do hope that you will grow this year both emotionally and physically. Love you very much, Dad.

    ReplyDelete