fast times.

Sunday, June 22, 2014


Updates: my little sister graduated high school and the next day, I went on a week long family vacation to the beach. It seems as though since I graduated high school two years ago, time has been moving a million miles a minute. Especially during these longer summer days, I'm finding that I'm craving more time for reflection.

I feel as though I've touched on this subject a lot, as memory keeping has always been important to me, but with the free time that summer break provides, I've been wanting to actually buckle down and keep up with it. I'm making a goal for myself to journal a bit tonight. I journaled all throughout high school, either in sketchbooks or in composition books where I would doodle and paste images, movie ticket stubs, candy wrappers; anything which held a memory, big or small.

Someday soon, I would love to get my hands on Project Life, but for now, journaling a bit in my sketchbook once or twice a week sounds more like a realistic start. I strongly encourage old school pen to paper for real reflection, because it's much easier to control your audienc and get all thoughts and memories out of your head and on to something tangible without fear or judgment. To hold myself accountable, I may share a few pages if I find them artsy or cool enough. ;)

I will also be bloggin' about that beach trip I talked about within the next week or so, I promise. I've found that this blog is so much easier to keep up with when I break things down and give myself ample time to make each post a quality one. I'm learning as I go and it feels amazing. :)

P.S. If you're local to the Charlotte area and lookin for an AMAZE cake, check out Mo Betta Cakes. My father is colleagues with the wonderful lady who runs the small business, and she ain't messin' around with her cakes. They are damn good.

2 comments :

  1. Sorry, I have meant to comment more on your blogs. I still read them all the time. I need to update some photos of you guys for work and I love the one of Sarah here. I might get you to help me do that. Also, I find such a different person when I read you writing- I think you would be an excellent writer in some fashion, anyway, I feel like there is so much I want to talk to you about; do things we talked about; spend more time together. I just feel like there is never the right time or we just don't seem to both attempt to make that time available. Can we somehow try to starting today until you leave in the fall? I love you very much. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. I think that sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete