pinterest favorites.

Friday, September 6, 2013


from this week:
this recipe for lavender iced coffee, because I am currently living off iced coffee, and lavender flavored anything is pretty much always amazing.
this line from The Avett Brothers song "Please Pardon Yourself," because these words give me so much comfort that I want to hang this above my bed in order to give myself a daily reminder that things will be okay.
this insanely simple DIY art using burnt matches and cardboard, because it produces such a cool effect.
this hair inspiration, because I recently got a haircut and my hair is now layered and cut very similar to this and I love the way this is styled.
this feeling of home. I want to call it a feeling and not an image. Can you Pin a feeling? I suppose so. This is perfect. It reminds me of Lonnie's grandparents' house. This is what home feels like to me.
these absolutely crazy and ridiculous earrings, because I'll admit...I'm obsessed. And it's Fashion Week, so why not? I'm a huge fan of giant earrings, and these are simply fabulous.

I'm (attempting to get) back on track this week. We're three weeks into the school year, and I'm seeing a schedule start to fall into place. I have a night class for New Media once a week, and apparently it's the "weed out" class for the major. The professor describes the class a sort of "boot camp," and I'm feeling the burn. We've hit the ground running, and this week ahead is supposed to be the toughest week of the course as far as assignments go. All I can do is work my ass off and keep telling myself that things should get easier after this.

To end on a more positive note, this time of year is my absolute favorite. September days in the mountains are a perfect mix of sunny and 75. The cusp between the last bit of summer and the exciting start of fall is so sweet and fleeting that I wish I could just latch on and live here forever.

No comments :

Post a Comment