from the fair.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013


Lonnie took me to the Blue Mountain State Fair. Now I have talked about how important the fair is to me before. (My Senior Prom was even Fair-themed!) And since we both weren't home to go to my hometown's fair this year, we decided to give the fair up here a try. We both really enjoyed it, but we didn't ride any rides because there wasn't a wristband or anything you could get for 20 bucks that allowed you to ride everything as many times as you wanted. Our hometown fair had that deal, and anything else seemed like a waste to us in comparison, so we just spent our money on food.

And oh my gosh, did we eat a lot of food. We had Vermont maple cotton candy(that's what Lonnie is putting in his mouth in the picture a few shots up) and homemade barbeque pork rinds(I can't believe I just typed that. I don't like pork rinds, but these were different and amazing.), both of which we snacked on throughout the trip. I also had a foot long corndog and fried cookie dough(my favorite).

We listened to bluegrass and looked around at all the baby farm animals. We even saw a sea lion because they had a sea lion show!

2 comments :

  1. Looks like a nice fair. Hate I could not join you there. Still hot here so hard to think about fair weather. Sorry for the pun. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just now checking the tab in my my email where these comments are hidden, so I'm just now seeing this. Hahaha, you're so punny. It was fun, I think you would've liked it!

    ReplyDelete