pinterest favorites: birthday cake.

Friday, November 22, 2013


because this Sunday is my birthday:
these glitter cupcakes, because COME ON. (see also: glitter donuts.)
these numbered sparklers, to put on top of a cake instead of regular candles.
these balloons, because they're fun and chic.
these party shoes, because every girl needs a little glitter on her birthday. (I clearly need a lot.)
these donuts, because I honestly would rather have donuts than traditional cake.
this eye makeup, because it's just enough.
these birthday pancakes, because it's important to get the birthday celebrations started the very first thing.
these gold letter balloons, to spell out the birthday girl(or guy)'s name.
this confetti paper, because it's simple yet so fun.

I am turning 20 this weekend. I am not sure how I feel about it. Obviously, there's nothing I can do about it(and it's not like I'm dreading it or anything), but I am having a very hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I will officially be in my twenties. On one hand, it feels like it kinda snuck up on me. On the other, it feels like I've been in my teens for such a long time. I suppose I really am ready for another decade.

However, clearly, I'm still young enough to keep acknowledging my own birthday. I just really love birthdays. I don't think I'll ever outgrow making a big deal out of them. I love that every person has their own special day of the year.
I also really love sweets and I really love glitter. ;)

1 comment :

  1. You will see that it is even harder on the parent when the child reaches these birthday milestones. I so much want to hold you one handed on my hip as you wrap your arms around my neck as I carry you around the mall or store or look in the rear view mirror to see you in the car seat looking back at me with that look that only a small child has. I can only realize that that little girl is still you and that I was the father I tried to be to you. I know that not being a teen is strange but the years ahead will be so exciting for you and I know you will do some amazing things. I hope that I can be a part of that. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete