from the weekend.

Monday, April 28, 2014



Saturday, I ran errands, went to the Farmer's Market, and bought fresh strawberries. I enjoyed the beautiful weather and ate the best homemade black raspberry ice cream.

Sunday, I slept in, ate a homemade brunch(strawberries included of course), sipped my coffee slowly, and caught up on the latest episode of Hart of Dixie. Then, I caught up on both homework and my workout routine. As a bonus, my friend Brandon planted a seedling of his mint plant for me to keep. I had painted a pot to put it in a few weeks earlier, but I just got around to picking up the finished product yesterday. It is definitely adding a cheery spot to my current stress-zone of a dorm room. Hopefully, I'll keep it alive and have fresh mint all summer to infuse in my water with lemon or cucumber!

I truly believe that one of the most important things I've learned as a college student is how crucial productive Sundays are to my well-being. I have recently made it a habit to spend Sundays all by myself and take the time to do the things I may have neglected the previous week to prepare for the week ahead. I always allow myself to wake up slow, then I make a to-do list for the week ahead. I usually manage to squeeze in a small workout to push my routine into action, and then I make a point to get ahead and start work on the most daunting project for the week ahead.


I've grown to love Sundays, instead of spending the entire day stressing about the week ahead.
This has definitely become my latest mantra.

No comments :

Post a Comment