my work: blooming.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

In the spirit of the end of the semester and grades being posted, I thought there'd be no better time to actually share some of the work I did this past semester. The following video is my last project from my new Media class this semester. I was very hesitant to post it, because I don't feel comfortable with animation at ALL, but I've been thinking a lot about this blog and where I want it to go, and I want it to be a place where I can feel free to learn and grow and show my own progress. I had a professor once say to the class, "You are students. You have the luxury of being wrong; of not knowing." And I find that I have to constantly remind myself that it's okay to not be 100% perfect at everything I do right now. I'm a student. I'm learning. Here's my work. This is what I've learned so far.


(sidenote: I definitely prefer Vimeo, but I had to use Youtube because my file was too large. whoops.)

A little background: We had two other projects in the class: one in Flash and one in Toon Boom. This project was created using Illustrator and After Effects. I'm really into graphic, clean design. Nothing too organic or sketchy, so this project is an example of me pushing my comfort zone a little bit. I also tend to make my animations move way to fast, so I tried really hard to slow this one down and take my time with each scene. Watching how slow this short video progresses makes me pretty uncomfortable, if I'm being honest.

Our assignment was to create a project about life. We could explore stages of life, life itself, living things; whatever "life" meant to us. I came up with the idea for my project while thinking about the idea of self-love, which was a huge theme to my own life this past semester. I wanted to illustrate the feeling of self-love and self-growth. I am also very fascinated by morning rituals and how different people spend their mornings. I find that my morning routine is absolutely necessary for my day to be successful. I believe that the tasks I perform to get ready in the morning are a way that I improve my relationship with myself and allows me to “bloom” further. Taking that precious time each day to take care of myself is the way that I express self-love, and I tried to illustrate the importance of that expression through this project.

How appropriate is it that the first project I have the courage to share is about loving oneself and loving the process of one's growth? ;)
I hope you enjoy.

No comments :

Post a Comment