10 things.

Saturday, May 23, 2015


10 things I'm thankful for this week:

  1. spending my day off with Lonnie exploring and hiking up on Blue Ridge
  2. Trader Joe's wine(so cheap and always so good. also, if you haven't noticed, I live practically right down the street from a Trader Joe's now and I like it.)
  3. taking a moment to admire the light in Lonnie's(our? my?) bedroom.
  4. these earrings I bought from work(I also picked up a tiny pretzel necklace the same day. If it's fun and different, I have to have it.)
  5. having time to actually keep my nails painted instead of letting them chip away until I give up and go bare
  6. Both Steel Magnolias and Fried Green Tomatoes are on Netflix right now
  7. basically, summer break is the best thing ever, and I'm feeling it this week
  8. I also bought this dress from work and I've grown completely obsessed with it. It's the perfect thing to wear on these springy, breezy days.
  9. my favorite blog
  10. forcing myself to make this post a day late(sorry, guys!) and after an 8 hour (SATURDAY!) shift at work. To be honest, this took me a while to write cause I was just not feeling it(why do I keep using this phrase???), but as always, I feel better now that I've done it and grateful once again for these weekly practices.

2 comments :

  1. Glad you posted something, if anything keep doing it for your dad if that helps you but more importantly do it for yourself - it is good therapy I imagine. Glad to see you are settling down and it is nice to hear you guys went hiking and enjoying what makes that area so great. I also hope you might start getting a year pass to Biltmore since you are working now. I know it is expensive but if you went once a month to enjoy the seasons- spring flowers, fall colors it would be worth it to be able to just go anytime you feel like it and roam around and take photos or just chill out. Would be a great thing just to do for yourself and I might even do it too if you do and we can start trying to make it a father daughter thing. Would you like that?
    Anyway, again thank you for sharing and it is good to see you and Lonnie seem happy and I hope you guys continue to grow and better each other.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good therapy, and I always feel better looking back and seeing all of the posts I've made. It puts into perspective how much I've grown, but also how much I'm able to accomplish and create when I really give something my all. If I keep getting the hours I've been getting at work, I will definitely look in to getting a season pass. It would be a nice way to end my year at UNCA.
    I really appreciate your words about Lonnie and I, your approval means a lot.
    I love you and miss you,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete