i guess this is growing up.

Thursday, August 16, 2012


This may not look like much of a post, but trust me, it is. Tonight is my last night in my room before I leave for college. It's funny seeing all the happy facebook posts of kids in their new dorm rooms while I sob my life away at the thought of leaving behind my home.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to go to college. I'm so excited. And I'm also ready. 

But I will miss my best friend Katie Calabro. I will miss her apartment and her cat and her sock bun and watching scary movies with her and eating too much chocolate and drinking too much coffee and doing old school work-out videos.

I will miss my dad. But I can't talk about that because I turn into mush. I will miss my mom and her doing everything for me and being my personal assistant. I will even miss my brother and sister. I will miss my dog and my cat and my bed.

It's just funny that as soon as I finally felt at home here in Concord, as soon as I have figured out where to get the best burger in town and the exact time that the soft serve ice cream place closes, it's time for me to leave. I believe that's a good thing though. In my heart, I don't want to stick to the same place. I don't want to just be comfortable somewhere. I want to explore and discover new things, places, and people and I'm so excited to do that in such a beautiful place like Asheville.

I will try my best to keep updating through this whole process, but tomorrow is promised to be a crazy day. I'm just going to take everything step by step and enjoy as much as I can.

No comments :

Post a Comment