preparing for take-off.

Friday, August 3, 2012

The amount of stuff that I have purchased just for college is accumulating ridiculously at the end of my bed.

So far the list includes:
chevron comforter
a set of soft gray sheets
dark grey microplush blanket
2 photo boxes
2 towels
mattress pad
wireless mouse
mouse pad
bed risers
20 white plastic hangers
black and white graphic wooden salt and pepper shakers
set of 2 decks of cards
set of 4 cork tiles
cool mirror wall piece from ikea
big jar to hold silverware
4 small jars to hold odds and ends
reed diffuser
orange coffee mug
floral drinking glass
pretty turquoise spoon
small orange moose toy from ikea
ice cream scoop
can opener
vera bradley ID case
laundry bag
fish shaped ice cube tray
baskets for taking toiletries from room to bathroom
white spinning earring holder(currently on my dresser)
under the bed storage container

....I am a impulse shopper, especially when it comes to home goods. I like to fill my space with things I fall in love with, things that make me smile upon discovering.

I start college in 2 weeks from today. Thinking of it like that freaks me out, but I'm excited and as ready as I'll ever be. I've already gone through items in my room and have set aside the things I am taking with me. I'm ready for a fresh start and a chance to find out who I really am, as cheesy as that sounds.

I only have one more day of work and today I'm leaving for a much needed weekend long beach trip. When I come home, Lonnie will have already moved to Asheville. I'm going to rely on Katie to help me end this summer with a bang, a task she is already aware of and prepared for.

No comments :

Post a Comment