tattooed.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

*sorry about the up close and personal foot picture, also it's really hard to get an upside down picture of your own foot without your toes crinkling up

A simple symbol which holds so much meaning for me. Jack's Mannequin is a band which, way back in 8th grade, changed who I was going to be into who I am. Jack's Mannequin is a band which my dad and I have bonded over, pausing our busy lives to see them whenever they where in town(or as far as Asheville or Atlanta). Jack's Mannequin is a band and Andrew McMahon is a pianist, singer, songwriter, and inspiration. Andrew McMahon is a man who has written music which gives new meaning to me each time I hear it and has gone through leukemia, yet was so down to earth he complimented my best friend's socks when he met her and I. The symbol for the band itself means "Inspired by a quote from Siddartha "the river is everywhere", the asterisk's meaning is the lines represent life and the things around you, but like an asterisk everything intersects with each other at some point, not only connecting everyone with everything around us, but also a unity with the universe." source. The symbol represents who I am now and who I have been for the last 5 years. The symbol represents my past life and my life currently: everything in transit.

1 comment :

  1. I love you Lizzie and I am going to miss you so much while you are away but I can also be so happy that you are where we both wanted you to be and know that I did everything I could to be both a father and friend to you. Almost everyday a 11:11 am if I am looking at the time I think of you and that is because of Andrew and his music and life.

    ReplyDelete