art walks and the county fair.

Friday, September 14, 2012


Last week, I went home for the weekend. Coming home and seeing my house and my room was surreal in a way. Having so many people happy to see me was a great feeling. I feel as though I have two homes now: one in Concord and one in Asheville. It's nice to have my heart spread out a little bit across the state.

The first night I was home I went to the Art Walk in downtown Concord. I had Cherry Lemon Sundrop and  my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough soft serve from the ice cream place on Church Street.
The second night we went to the fair and I rode the swings and got fried cookie dough. (cookie dough is my favorite, in case you couldn't tell.)

Samm made a comment that within two days we saw all of Concord and we've been in Asheville for almost a month and still haven't seen have of it. That's true, and I think it's a good thing. I can't wait to someday know Asheville like I know Concord, but I want to have fun and take my time getting there.

No comments :

Post a Comment