summer's last breath.

Friday, September 21, 2012


It's safe to say that things are quickly turning fall here in Asheville. The leaves are already beginning to change. The mornings are chilly. Pumpkin everything is already showing up. On rainy days, you might even think Autumn is in full swing. But on days like today, summer clings to its last few drops. The sun warmed the earth all the way up to the mid-70s. Students walked around in shorts and sunglasses. Flowers were in the their most saturated of colors and the sky was the brightest shade of blue.

The first picture of the bird was taken on one of those rainy days I mentioned. Outside my hall, the poor little bird was sitting on the sidewalk. It could fly some, but not much. We weren't sure what was wrong with it or what to do about it, but Lonnie decided to move it in between some bushes nearby. 

The rest of the pictures were taken today when Samm and I decided to take a walk to The Hop and get ice cream. It was so gorgeous out that I had to go back to the dorm to grab my sunglasses and camera. I had organic vegan chai latte ice cream and it was soo good. I'm not vegan so I didn't pick it because of that, the taste alone was that yummy. Samm had chocolate candied bacon. Enough said there.

It was a really good day. I'm trying to make an effort to choose happiness. To help out, I decided to make a more personal tumblr where I make a list of good things every day. You can find it here: http://goodthingsbyliz.tumblr.com/

No comments :

Post a Comment