denim and cotton.

Saturday, November 10, 2012


I bought this bowl this past Tuesday at the annual UNCA Art Department Bowl Sale at The Hop. Basically, you buy a handmade bowl and get free ice cream. Samm and I looked through every single bowl, and I picked this one up right away. I held on to it with the intentions of getting more than one but couldn't find another that spoke to me the way this one did (partly because Samm snatched 4 of the gorgeous bowls before I could. ;)). But let me tell ya, I am in love with this bowl. I love love love the colors. Something about indigo blue contrasted against white speaks to my heart. I love the shape and the texture of the ridges. I love the exposed clay at the base. I love the simplicity of it. I love the fact that it's handmade and it supports my school. I got a scoop of chocolate orange ice cream in a sugar cone and as always, it was awesome. I love The Hop. 

This week was hectic but I survived. I'm ready to spend the next couple of days catching up and getting myself prepared for the final week of classes which is so swiftly approaching.
I think I've finally landed on New Media as my major, but this is, of course, subject to change.
I have a roommate basically picked out for when Samm leaves. It's awesome because although I know that Shai is a really cool girl who isn't some psychopath I've never met, I don't know much else about her. I'm excited to have the opportunity to get close to someone completely new and it's a college experience I don't want to miss out on.
Everything that I have been stressing out over is just working itself out and I'm realizing that I am going to be okay. It sounds weird, but I'm getting back into the flow of myself. I kinda lost who I was for a while and I feel like I'm getting her back.
Lately, I've been making a conscious effort to get more exercise and watch what I eat, and I'm trying to consume more books, movies, and music. Just little things that make me feel good.
Asheville is starting to feel more and more like home each day I wake up here, and it feels wonderful.

1 comment :

  1. What a great find. It's got a nice look - like it's been dipped in shiny blue!

    ReplyDelete