10 things.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

10 things I'm thankful for this week:

  1. journaling my way out of a terrible mood I woke up in (it's so true that writing things down really helps put them in perspective!)
  2. getting along with our new roommate! He's moved in and has two pet snakes, which have found a nice home in the living room. I'm obsessed with them, and I love having little friends to keep an eye on in the house since we're not allowed to have cats or dogs.
  3. feeling some summertime sadness after realizing that there's only one week left before school starts, and then immediately going outside to workout instead of going to the gym in order to shake the sinking feeling. I went to a nearby park that has access to the French Broad River (and also a killer view) and just ran around and did squats and lunges until I absolutely wore myself out. I ended up WAY overdoing it and was so sore for three days straight (I literally had trouble walking up and down stairs), so I guess it was a success.
  4. wearing this silver bracelet with my gold boyfriend watch and feeling so #fresh
  5. buying Lonnie a cookie cake for his birthday (we both prefer it over regular cake) and therefore having a cookie cake in the fridge practically all week
  6. working mostly day shifts this week and feeling good about not wasting the day waiting on dreading work
  7. Lonnie and I have been working our asses off on making the apartment feel more like a home. He hung some pictures in the living room (also a super chic #surfboard) and a mirror in the bedroom, and I've been keeping things tidy and refusing to let the dishes pile up.
  8. dealing with a stressful situation by going for a run (always so thankful for workouts)
  9. margaritas with salt
  10. finding out that the photography class I'm taking this semester is actually a black and white film class and the old 35mm SLR camera I already own is exactly what the professor put on the supplies list. I'm so excited for the excuse to break it out and start shooting film again, since I've actually been meaning to do this all summer.

No comments :

Post a Comment