moodboard monday.

Monday, August 10, 2015


Next Monday, classes start so this week marks the last week of summer break. Instead of spending the week totally bummed out, I want to allow myself to indulge a little this week. I expect lots of sleeping in, eating donuts, drinking white wine, spending afternoons outside to soak up the late sunshine, and wearing bright happy colors. It is still summer after all, and just because I'll have a schedule full of classes, it doesn't mean fall is here already.

It also doesn't hurt that my semester coming up will be full of art and new media classes. I've been on a huge creative kick lately trying to get pumped up for what is sure to be a design-heavy school year. I love the way that as a creative, once I start to open my eyes and pay attention to the world around me, everything starts to be inspiring. I'm finding colors and textures everywhere, and in consequence, I've been cracking open my art journal almost daily to practice sketching and painting with watercolors in order to hopefully gain back some of my skills in time for the painting class I'm taking. I haven't had a traditional art course since freshman year, so I'm worried about embarrassing myself during critiques. Luckily for me, photography and painting are my comfort zones, and getting back in the practice of both feels so natural and rewarding.

No comments :

Post a Comment