moodboard monday.

Monday, August 3, 2015


This past weekend was Lonnie's birthday, so to celebrate we went on an overnight camping trip. It was so much fun and I loved getting away to spend some quality one-on-one time with my man. I'll share more pictures and details later, but for now, I'm feeling inspired by the laid-back, easy vibe that goes hand-in-hand with a weekend in the woods. I actually didn't wear makeup all weekend (normal for most people who are camping, but if you know me at all, you're probably staring at your computer screen right now in total shock because I always, always wear makeup...even to the gym), and in doing so, I grew a new appreciation for leaving behind everyday routines and comforts. It was definitely freeing to shed that second skin, splash some refreshing spring water on my face, and just run along without worrying about how I looked or having Lonnie wait on me to get ready. This week, I'm looking for other ways I can shed unnecessary routines or products in an attempt to find a little more freedom in my day-to-day life. I'm looking forward to wearing soft, easy fabrics, dainty jewelry, and maybe even skipping eyeliner or foundation.

No comments :

Post a Comment