moodboard monday.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

coral eyeshadow | good energy | california cacti | tassel wall hanging | bell-sleeve dress | shiny curtain

My senior capstone project deadline is swiftly approaching, so this week is going to be a crazy one. I'm still recovering from the crazy week I had last week, so I'm trying really hard to avoid inevitable burnout this week. Luckily, after this project is over, my load should lighten quite a bit, so I'm trying to just push through all of the stress and tackle everything head on. I've found a lot of success through simply doing the work and hustling instead of worrying, and this is a tactic I'd like to keep implementing.

I've also found that creativity only fuels more creativity. Maya Angelou had it right, "the more you use, the more you have." I've definitely been feeling my creative side flourish the more time I spend feeding it. The work I'm doing in new media inspires my painting projects, and my photography projects are only enhancing my new media skills. And with as little free time as I have, I'm feeling super blessed that the majority of the time I do have is being spent doing what I love, which is creating. I'm trying to maintain that perspective and soak up this time spent on projects that I get to choose and have fun with, instead of focusing on all the Netflix I'm not watching or all of the relaxing I'm not doing.

1 comment :

  1. Hang in there! We are leaving very early thursday...will update as much as we can...really looking forward to seeing sights I have always wanted to see in person! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete