and we're back!

Monday, April 6, 2015




I had big plans to completely revamp this layout and switch over to Wordpress, but found that the simple template I've been using on Blogger works best for me so I decided to just freshen it up and keep it for now.

However, I did think long and hard about where I'd like this blog to go and how exactly I'd like to start using it as a tool and a creative space for not only me to be inspired, but also to inspire others.
And so I created Carolina Honey.

Carolina Honey to me is the sweet, the simple, the familiar. I struggled with this blog for so long because I was trying to make it something big and grandeur and trendy, when in reality, my favorite posts are the ones which feel the most genuine to who I am and what actually is important to me.

And what's important to me is gathering inspiration through art and design, taking personal photos in order to capture memories, reflecting on health and happiness, and maintaining a pared down, "simple is best" attitude toward all those important things in order to incorporate them seamlessly into daily life.

Therefore, with Carolina Honey, you can expect 2-3 posts per week.
The first I call 'Moodboard Monday,' where I create mood boards from my Pinterest Favorites, which will help inspire me and set the tone for the week ahead.

The second I call '10 Things,' where I list 10 things I am thankful for that week, and reflect a little bit about the challenges I faced and how I overcame them.

And the 3rd post will come and go organically as inspiration strikes. It will most likely be run on a biweekly schedule. It could be a feature post where I give advice about design, college life, health, or relationships. Or it could be a personal photo post where I share an adventure I went on with my camera or a holiday I've recently shared with family.

I am feeling super inspired by this new method of blogging where I stick to what I know, and try to post what I'd like to actually read myself. This is the only way I know to create genuine work that inspires me, so I'm sticking to it and allowing the rest to just fall into place.

1 comment :