tennessee road trip: nashville.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015


Back in March, my dad, sister, grandmother, and I took a road-trip to Tennessee. My brother, an officer in the Air Force who's currently training in Mississippi, met us in Nashville, the first stop in our two-night adventure. We spent the 2nd leg of our trip in Memphis, but since I have so many photos, I'll be covering that portion of the trip in a separate post.

As you can see through the photos, Nashville was pretty rainy, but nothing too unbearable for walking around. What made things extra difficult, however, was the flood of blue-clad University of Kentucky fans that you can see can in the last picture. Without realizing it, we timed our trip perfectly with the SEC tournament. We all couldn't help but just laugh at our luck, because these kinds of things seem to only happen to the Robinson family on big trips and vacations.

Fortunately, this didn't change much of our plans because our main goal was to get to Memphis and see Graceland. Nashville was just a fun stop along the way for us, and it still was despite the weather and the crowds. We were able to go to the Johnny Cash Museum, which is probably one of the biggest highlights of the trip for myself, since I'm a huge fan.

Nashville was a colorful town glittering with neon lights, and it shined bright even in the rain. Walking around, smelling barbecue and hearing familiar country songs, it felt like home and Hollywood all rolled up into one. I'd definitely like to go back sometime when I have more time to truly explore the city, but I'm thankful for getting a small taste of what it's all about.

2 comments :

  1. Tried to comment before and it did not take...will try this again. Sometimes it feels the things I try to do with my family always feel futile and not worth the headaches but then I realize it does seem to stick and I am so grateful I did try. I treasure these little adventures with my girls, I still find myself going back the the road trip to St Petersburg to see Dali museum and Savannah , Jacksonville etc. Such a great time for so little time and money spent. Memories that will last a lifetime. This past trip was another one in the books that I will look back on fondly. There were a few snags and issues but I hope that we will continue to try some of these road trips each year if we can. And even when you have kids you might do the same. Never forget that it does not have to be perfect, does not have to be expensive or exotic to be fun. The trip Michael and I took to DC did not cost that much at all, yet we saw a great concert and walked all over that place and I can still feel it and see it. You live is such a great area now so get out and enjoy it! I love you very much and can't wait for our next one! One idea is Pittsburgh and going to see Falling Water- a famous Frank Lloyd Wright house. Or maybe Baltimore. I know Sarah and your mom wants to go to DC as well so maybe that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely know what you mean, Dad, and I know I'll remember these trips forever, snags and all. I've learned that the important part of these road trips and vacations is the time spent together, and the inspiration gathered from exploring a new place and experiencing new things. I can't wait for our next one either! I'd love to see DC after hearing how much you and Michael enjoyed it. I love you, and thank you for making it a priority to explore the world with your kids. I promise that it means the world to us, and we are so thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete