let's take a drive.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013


Spring suddenly appeared, so Lonnie and I took a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway to eat lunch and drive around a bit. We packed a picnic of sorts and then went to the Visitor's Center and the Folk Art Center. Photography wasn't allowed at the Folk Art Center, but there was so much cool art for sale which I wish I could've taken home with me. The weather was absolutely perfect outside, and it has actually stayed warm ever since! A miracle. Students are doing their homework in The Quad and tanning in the Botanical Gardens, I've welcomed shorts and sandals back into my wardrobe, and smoothies from the cafe in the Library are tasting better than ever.

I feel like all I ever blog about is the weather, so I really loved seeing this post on Ashore the other day. Sam's writing is beautiful, and I absolutely agree with what she said. I definitely associate the coming and going seasons with the seasons of my own life.

I can actually see that summer is not too far off, and I am becoming increasingly happy about it. We registered for classes for next semester on Monday, and I really love how my schedule turned out. I have no classes before 10 a.m. and only one class on Mondays. It's starting to get to that time of year where things are looking ahead and I can't help but want to speed everything up. Hopefully, I can remember to slow down in order finish out this semester with full days brimmed with adventure like this one.

No comments :

Post a Comment