self.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One day I decided that I was beautiful, and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. I wear colors that I really like, I wear makeup that makes me feel pretty, and it really helps. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see. Your body is your temple, it’s your home, and you must decorate it.
- Gabourey Sidibe

I am absolutely in love with the above quote. As I've grown, I've grown to really love my body and cherish it. When I stop to think about the human body and all the magical, wonderful things it can do, I'm amazed. When I'm feeling down about myself or when I'm picking out all the flaws I may have, I find it's important to remember that I've been blessed with a healthy, strong body and that is all I could ever ask for. I was lucky to be able to do dance for 13 years and to have a body that never failed me once (besides a wobbly knee, but that's a story for another time.) I definitely think of my body as a machine and I'm a big fan of the concept that my body is "my home." I mean, my body is the only one I'm getting, so I might as well embrace it, right?

I took some self-portraits to play with light direction for Photo. I also really needed a new Facebook profile picture. I used to hate black and white images, but I've been going through this phase where I am really drawn to them. I'd love to get my hands on some black and white film. I think that film grain on a black and white image is just so yummy. I love it.

Also, this song has been playing on repeat these last couple of days. I can't get enough of it. I am so excited to see what Andrew McMahon has up his sleeve in the future.

No comments :

Post a Comment